Friday, February 24, 2012

NOTD: Zoya "Freja" and Glitter Gal "10 to Midnight"

After I posted the sneak peek of my Glitter Gal order from Llarowe, I couldnt stop staring at "10 to Midnight"........so on the nails it went!

I started with a base of Zoya "Freja", just one coat. I really want to love Freja on its own, but it always goes all brush-strokey on me! But here, i think it served well as a base for the 2 coats of "10 to Midnight" (cause i wasnt sure if 1 would be enough holo lol).

The holo is subtle in artificial light:


Sunlight brings out even more of the rainbow goodness:



Then, out of curiousity, i took a pic with the flash on:



POW!

Im absolutely in love! It looks so simple - an innocuous charcoal grey, but in the right light the holo really pops! Here's one more shot (cause my mani matched my wallet!):



I think this last picture is the closest to real life color. As of late I've been taking most pictures with my Iphone, which works out fairly well. The unaltered shots come out good in certain lights, and using the Instagram app lets me mess with the brightness and different filters to try and showcase the true color. We just got our new camera and lenses, so I'm trying to learn it as fast as I can! The macro lens is really cool, I can't wait to post some up-close and personal glitter shots!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment