Wednesday, February 29, 2012

NOTD: NerdLacquer "All of Time and Space"

Hi all! My apologies for the lack of posts in the past few days, but I've been busy working on my Etsy shop, PolishedPerfection. All my current jewelry items are listed and Ive been working on logos, mailing supplies, and new products! Check it out!!!

Onto serious business. Today's NOTD is a truly unique (to me, at least) mix of colors from NerdLacquer. "All of Time and Space" is part of the Mad Man with a Box trio (inspired by the TV show "Dr. Who"). I've been lusting after this shade for a while, and finally picked it up recently when Nerdlacquer's store opened (very briefly before everything sold out!).

AOTAS is a seafoam green shimmer base with micro and medium hex glitter in two colors: silver and purple. That's right -- PURPLE! It sounds hideous, but the contrast in colors plays out very nicely in this polish. The formula is a bit sheer, but nothing that an opaque coat of base color can't help with.

I was a bit unsure of how to wear this color when I sat down to do my nails. It seemed that none of the "base" colors I own would work with AOTAS -- Essie's "Navigate Her" was too green, "Turquoise & Cacios" too blue...........so, I decided to use just 1 coat of OP Funny Bunny to give AOTAS something to build on (also because I just received it and wanted to check out the application!). Over the base, I used 2 coats of AOTAS. The color seems fully developed but I think next time I will do 3 coats for better opacity.

Natural light:


Look at all that glitter!!!!!! I love it so much :)


And here's one shot with flash:

I did use a coat of Gelous over the 2 coats of AOTAS to even out the finish. I find that even if a glitter polish doesn't feel gritty before topcoat, it will probably still be "hungry' and suck up that layer of topcoat if I don't put something on after the glitter polish. Seche Vite finished it up and I was super happy with the color!

Make sure you stop by NerdLacquer's Etsy shop  and sign up for notification of when the talented Miss Amanda will be back from vacation --- trust me, you want some of this glittery goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment