Thursday, February 16, 2012

NOTD: Essie "Turquoise and Caicos" & Nostalgic Nail Lacquer "Duckie"

For my first NOTD, I had to go with some standout glitter! I love nothing more than a good hearty glitter topcoat on any and every color. Essie "Turquoise & Caicos" is a creamy turquoise (as the name would suggest....), 3 coats used here for opacity over Julep Nail Therapy and Orly Bonder. Im not a huge fan of cream polishes on their own, so I needed some kind of shimmer or glitter to accentuate the color and add some sparkle!

I discovered Nostalgic Nail Lacquer on Etsy while on a mission to find some pretty hand made polishes. I was getting sick of every brand putting out the same collection at the same time and needed something fresh and new. Nostalgic did that and more! "Duckie" is a pale teal jelly base with large chartreuse hex glitter, and smaller green and teal glitter guys too. I adore the color combination -- the hex glitter really gives it something special (when was the last time you saw chartreuse glitter?!?!?). I applied 2 coats of "Duckie" once my base color was dried -- to get the hex glitter to show up somewhat evenly, I took the "dab and spread" approach. Tricky little hexes! I finished with a coat of Seche Vite, my go-to topcoat.

I used the Iphone Instagram app to take a pic and play with the color settings to try to give a fairly accurate representation of the colors. Its pretty true to life! Check it out:



The end result is just.............*sigh*. Very calming and soft, if you ask me. I usually gravitate towards dark purples, black, or multi glitter polishes, so I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed a pale aqua mani!

I'll be posting a more in-depth review of Nostalgic Nail Lacquer's "Bizarre Teenage Love Triagle" trio this coming week, but here's a peek at the trio of polishes! Squishy glittery awesomeness!!!!


Check out Nostalgic Nail Lacquer on Etsy for more pretty polishes! The trio above is sold out but set to be restocked soon. The "Truly Outrageous" collection is amazing too (that review is coming soon as well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment