Sunday, April 8, 2012

Polish Peep Show: Candeo Colors & LYNNDERELLA!!!

Happy Easter and Happy Passover! I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful spring weather and the recent holidays . I am enjoying a day "off", meaning I am just being lazy and refusing to do anything more than cook dinner. Yaay!

Yesterday I received 2 awesome pieces of nail mail, and although the swatch sticks are STILL not here (shipping from Europe, takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrr) I just had to share!

Candeo Colors is quickly becoming one of my favorite Etsy polish sellers! The colors are absolute glitter bombs, which of course I am totally in favor of. This was my third order, which was the most fun because I caught the sale as soon as the Etsy shop opened, and got to watch everything sell out after I placed my order!

Unfortunately for me, one of my original color choices ("Rittenhouse", from the Philadelphia collection) was recalled after the sale due to an issue with warping glitter. This is a bummer, but I totally understand -- I wouldn't want to see an inferior product. I can't wait until the formula is revamped, but until then I have these beauties to experiment with:

L to R: Laser Light, Sprouse, Old City, Swoop, South Street

A brief breakdown of the colors:

  • Laser Light: Clear base with silver holo hexes, bars, & microglitter, and iridescent purple glitter (its hard to describe but it totally looks like straight purple holo, not the metallic aspect but just the flash of purple)
  • Sprouse: Black and white hexes and bars, and blue metallic glitter. Very pretty and similar to Lynnderella's "Connect The Dots", which I love! But, they are not dupes at all.
  • Old City: Clear base with gold holo hexes/micro glitter, bars. Going to be a FABULOUS topper!
  • Swoop: This one is weird. A mix of magenta, turquoise and dark blue hexes, silver shimmer, and large silver holo hex. Very pretty! I find I'm digging the unique color combos best of all!
  • South Street: A rainbow mix of square, hex and bar glitters. Similar in color scheme to the ever-elusive Lynnderella "The Glittering Crowd", but as with Sprouse it's different enough not to consider it a dupe.


I strongly urge you to sign up for email notification when Candeo Colors returns from their vacation -- their polishes sell out fast and do NOT disappoint in real life! Additionally, I will do a post soon with some comparisons of Sprouse and CtD, as well as South Street and TGC.

Now............this is the one I've been waiting for. I'm sure anyone that is reading this blog is familiar with the drama surround acquiring Lynnderella polishes as of late. I finally received my "wish list" order yesterday, and I could not wait to rip into the package! Too bad I picked it up as I was running out of the house to do food shopping and had to wait hoursssssssssssssssss to look at everything!

Sorry, I'll stop whining. Here are my new pretties:

L to R: Lovey Dovey; Love, Lace & Lilacs; Chocolatta Love; Sweets to the Sweet; Connect The Dots; Nosegay; The Glittering Crowd

There have been SO many swatches and detailed descriptions of these shades, I'm not even going to bother trying (also because Lynnderellas are so complex and I generally give a crappy description). CtD was going to be my backup bottle, but I decided to swap it for Nerd Lacquer's Holy Grail, which was top of my list during the last NL sale but sold out before I got on the computer. I realized I have so much polish I'll probably never finish my first bottle of CtD! Oh, I also ordered Boy Girl Party but it's backordered :(

Lynnderella polishes can be found at Llarowe, a great supplier of international and hard to find brands. The polishes are sold on a "wish list" basis, and per the website they are not accepting any new wish lists at this time. I hear they will be accepting new lists next month, so keep checking!

So, that's the peep show for today. Im off to eat more candy and wear my bunny ears around the house like a weirdo. As a side note, I almost forgot to take them off before chasing down the ice cream man. That might have been awkward.................


No comments:

Post a Comment