Wednesday, April 4, 2012

EXTRA EXTRA: OPI "Minnie Mouse" Collection

Hey everybody! Today we have another new category of posts -- EXTRA EXTRA!!! This is where you can read all about it................"it" being upcoming color collections from various polish brands! Of course, since I'm just starting this blog I don't have too many releases coming my way, but luckily the nice people at OPI must have said "aw look at her poor sad little blog, let's give her the releases too".

Just kidding, they give it to everyone that asks. But still, big thanks to OPI for the information!

Here is some background on the OPI Minnie Mouse collection, straight from the press release:


"OPI launches Vintage Minnie Mouse, including four limited edition nail lacquers, for summer. Created in honor of Disney’s beloved character, the colors encapsulate Minnie Mouse’s irresistible charm in playful, pretty shades of pink and red.
'OPI is so excited to collaborate with Disney and draw inspiration from one of the world’s most popular characters,' explains Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. 'This collection brings together the expertise of OPI and the iconic style of Minnie Mouse to inspire the distinct palette of vibrant, feminine shades for summer Nails will pop against summer skin in these classic, saturated hues – holding their own alongside the bold prints of the season.'
The line features a pink crème lacquer, one frosted red shade, a shimmery fuchsia, and a heart glitter confetti."




Enough blah blah, time for pictures!!!



Nothin' Mousie About It

"Don't squeak it - SHOUT IT! This confetti light pink is tops."


I'm All Ears

"Tell me how much you love this magenta shimmer"

If You Moust You Moust

"You gotta pink what you gotta pink."

The Color of Minnie

"You had this little mouse at 'red'."


As is standard with all OPI press release I've seen, the bottle shots are digitally created and not photographed. This makes it quite hard to judge the true color or consistency of a polish. This me no likey. I can't tell you how many times I have drooled over OPI press release photos, only to see the swatches later and think "that's not even the same color". But, at least we know the basics of what the colors will look like :)

I myself will probably get all of the shades except Nothin' Mousie About It -- I've already owned one of the Nicole by OPI polishes with pink hearts in it, and it's not something I ever found myself reaching for. At the very least I'll probably pick up The Color of Minnie because I don't own enough reds!

So what do you all think of this collection??

No comments:

Post a Comment